Labels

Friday, October 10, 2014

Gone Girl

This movie stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris, Carrie Coon, and Tyler Perry.  Ben Affleck plays the role of Nick, who discovers that his wife Amy, played by Rosamund Pike, has gone missing on their fifth wedding anniversary. After returning from the bar he owns with his sister Margo (Carrie Coon), Nick discovers the glass coffee table in the living room broken up and his wife is gone.  After notifying the police, a search party is sent out to look for her.  When Amy is still not found, a press conference is held and later a candlelight vigil.  Soon after Nick discovers he has now become a suspect. 
I thought this movie was outstanding.  David Fincher who directed the movie is one of my favorites.  He also directed Seven which stuck out as wonderful in my mind and Gone Girl will as well.  Fincher doesn’t direct a lot of movies but the one’s he does are fantastic. 

The entire cast including Ben Affleck and Tyler Perry were all tremendous actors.  I enjoyed every second of this movie and it kept me wondering what would happen next.  I feel this movie should be up for future Oscar nominations, especially David Fincher and Ben Affleck (who missed out in Argo in my opinion).  I rated this movie 4 out of 4 stars.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment