Labels

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Best of Me

Nicholas Sparks wrote the book, The Best of Me, and then produced the movie.  I went into this movie ready to enjoy it as I did The Notebook – also written by Nicholas Sparks.  I ended up enjoying The Best Of Me as well. 

It stars Luke Bracey as a young Dawson, James Marsden as an older Dawson, Liana Liberato as a young Amanda, Michelle Monaghan as an older Amanda, and Gerald McRaney as Tuck the father figure of Dawson.  Dawson and Amanda are in love as young high school students.  But Amanda’s family has money and Dawson’s family are from the wrong side of the tracks and the law.  Dawson leaves his family and lives with Tuck, but his family continues to cause him problems.  Dawson ends up in prison and refuses to allow Amanda to visit him so she can live a good life as she had planned.  After Dawson is released from prison, Amanda and Dawson again cross paths. It was a great movie but I wanted more than I got.  The acting was terrific and I thought that director Michael Hoffman (director of One Fine Day) did a pretty good job of directing this very talented cast.  Nicholas Sparks is a wonderful author but this movie could have been better.  I still gave the movie 3 out of 4 stars. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment