Labels

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For



First of all, I loved the first Sin City movie.  The second Sin City was visually spectacular as was the first but had better action.  Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green, and Rosario Dawson are all great actors but not so much in this movie. 

As far as the storyline goes, it was written by the great Frank Miller and I was stunned because the movie did not hold up to the high praise that I usually give a Frank Miller movie.   Besides writing the first Sin City, he also wrote all three of the Dark Knight movies.  However, he fell short with this one.  I think director Robert Rodriguez gave him a little bit more freedom than he was actually ready for.   

I gave this movie two stars because I thought it lacked substance despite the well-known actors, writer, and director and the visual effects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment