Labels

Monday, January 5, 2015

Into the Woods

This musical was made into a movie with multiple stars including Meryl Streep, Johnnie Depp, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine, James Corden, and Anna Kendrick.  A baker and his wife, played by James Corden and Emily Blunt, anger a witch played by Meryl Streep.  The witch then curses the couple and they find themselves at a crossroads.  They wish to have a family but in order to do so the curse must be lifted.  Their fates are linked with those of fairy tales like Cinderella who was played by Anna Kendrick, Little Red Riding Hood who was played by Lilla Crawford, Rapunzel who was played by Mackenzie Mauzy, and Jack of Jack in the Beanstalk who was played by Daniel Huttlestone. 
I went to the movie with two of my daughters.  Both thought it was just OK.  I, however, thought it was pretty good.  I enjoyed the acting and the singing.  Meryl Streep has a tremendous voice as she showed in Mama Mia.  Emily Blunt and Anna Kendrick are also wonderful singers.  I look forward to buying the soundtrack. 

Johnnie Depp was solid as was the rest of the cast.  I gave this movie 3 ½ out of 4 stars because it was truly enjoyable and I hope you all will enjoy it as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment