Labels

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes



When the first Planet of the Apes was released it starred James Franco and I didn’t really think too much of the title.  Once again it was a remake movie that I thought would fail.  I was completely surprised by this wonderful movie because it was filled with tons of action.  

In the first movie James Franco falls victim to a horrible disease and Caesar (Andy Serkis) finds himself alone and starts an all ape colony outside of San Francisco.  This movie begins by showing the ape colony 10 years into the future where the apes seldom have any contact with humans.  A group of humans wanders into the colony looking for a hydroelectric dam to aid them with their electrical issues.  The human group includes Malcom (Jason Clark) an architect, his nurse girlfriend (Keri Russell), and his son (Kodi Smit-McPhee).  

You don’t need to see this movie in 3D to enjoy the special effects because both versions are spectacular.  The movie showed Caesar’s first born child and that child’s eventual understanding of everything his father has been teaching him.  Caesar’s story is a sad tale to tell.  The apes will soon be fighting a war against the humans in an effort to protect their territory and lifestyle.  

I thought everything in this movie was amazing to watch.  The acting by the whole cast and effects in the movie were fantastic especially the great Gary Oldman who is great in everything he does.    This movie was a pleasure to sit through and I enjoyed every second of it.  I will go to see it a second time to pick up on things I missed the first time. I will enjoy the second viewing just as much as the first.   

I gave this movie 4 out of 4 stars. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment