Labels

Monday, July 14, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Shia Labeouf is no longer a part of the Transformers movies.  Thank God since he is horrible in every movie.  However, this movie was not any better than the previous Transformers movies. I did think that Mark Wahlberg was great.  I enjoyed the tension between his daughter and her boyfriend.  That relationship was the high point of the movie with the exception of the wonder special effects that were also a huge part of this movie. 

Michael Bey, I believe, is the worst director working today. His special effects are spectacular but I don’t understand why he is considered a top-notch director in today’s movie world.    A new director on the project with Michael Bey in charge of special effects only, might have made for a better story line and a better movie. 

Mark Wahlberg was terrific in his part as dad and wannabe inventor.  Optimus Prime represents what is good about the world and Bumblebee is the ever-loyal companion.  I thought the Autobot dinosaurs were a nice touch and showcased the talents of Michael Bey as a special effects genius.

I gave this movie 2 out of 4 stars.  I thought it was the best of the 4 Transformers movies mostly due to Mark Wahlberg as leading actor.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment