Labels

Monday, May 12, 2014

Oculus

Oculus is a story about an antique mirror that causes the people who own it to suddenly pass on. The parents in this thriller,  played by Rory Coltrane and Katee Sackhoff start acting very strangely, first it's the father and then it's the mother who are on hand to pass the evil. Their kids are being terrorized and they don't know why, but it becomes a struggle to survive while they are still young. Once they escape the evil, it takes years to recover because the boy comes forth and admits that he committed murder.

Later on the girl, Kaylie played brilliantly by Karen  Gillan sees her brother Tim, who has been in a mental hospital for most of his life.  He is released and teams up with his sister to find out what is going on with their family. It all surrounds the mysterious mirror that was brought into their home so many years ago.

Oculus is a terrific movie that never slows down and I like it that way. The acting in this movie was superb especially from Karen Gillan who stars on Dr. Who. I thought her performance was so tremendous and I look forward to seeing her in future roles.

I loved every second of this film and I think you will as well.  The direction and everything associated with this film is amazing. This film was produced by W and WE Studios. It’s another big thing I’ve noticed because I think their projects are getting better and better.


I gave Oculus 3 1/2 out of four stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment